Sunday, September 9, 2012

Herbed Spaghetti Squash

 Happy Sunday! I thought I would share with you one of my new fave recipes.! If you are watching your carb intake it is great .I must admit, I am not a huge vegetable eater, but I am trying to be better. However, I do LOVE Spaghetti Squash.This recipe  is so easy and you can modify it in many ways. This happens to be Emeril Lagasse's Recipe, BAM! I made it the other night and it was fabulous! 





  I modified the recipe by cutting  the butter in half and I added 1/2 cup of  Parmesan cheese.I served this with Broiled Shrimp.I mixed it in with the Squash. A super easy dinner recipe or a simple side! Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 1 small spaghetti squash, about 2 1/4 pounds
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed soft herbs, such as basil, chives, chervil, parsley and sage
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise and place, cut side down, in a baking dish. Add enough water to come 1/2-inch up the sides of the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes, until the squash is easily pierced with a paring knife. Turn squash over and cover with foil again and continue to cook another 15 minutes, until the squash is very tender. Remove from the oven, uncover, and allow to cool slightly. Using a spoon, remove the seeds and discard. Using a fork, gently pull the strands of squash away from the peel and place the squash strands into a mixing bowl.
Heat a skillet. Add the butter, spaghetti squash, herbs, salt and pepper and toss thoroughly but gently to heat and combine. Serve immediately or cover and keep warm until ready to serve.



SERVES 4
Calories: 144
Total Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Total carbohydrates: 18 grams
Sugar: 0 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Cholesterol: 19 milligrams
Sodium: 336 milligrams


Be sure to stop back tomorrow! The giveaway starts!


Linda

2 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I can't believe my luck stumbling across your blog! I was just doing a Google search on French Seaside Style (the book) and it came up with your blog!! But I'm so pleased because I've had such a lovely browse through your archives. I've subscribed! Hurray for lovely new finds!

Sarahx

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

That recipe sounds & looks delicious!

Melissah